Wednesday, January 6, 2010

You Said it Was Fate

You were riding your motorcycle on 5th ave and saw me walking home. You pulled over and started talking to me mostly about yourself. Apparently you're really great and Italian and a music producer and develop brownstones and fly all over the world at will. You asked me my name and then, "are you in love?" to which I replied, "there are many kinds of love" (subtext: get the hell away from me) You were cute until you wouldn't shut up. The next day you called and texted leaving messages saying it was fate the way we met and it must mean something. But I kept wondering--while I wasn't responding--how it could have been fate when you went out of your way to pull over to the side of the road?? I finally told you that I got back together with my boyfriend, and THEN you wanted to get together to discuss our feelings and our relationships and how people can screw you over or some shit. If you see this, I lied...big time. 

No comments: