Monday, March 15, 2010

Working Out on the Subway

On the 4/5 just now headed toward Brooklyn you were super buff and super knew it. You had tats a'plenty and a ripped red tank top with gym shorts. I was listening to my new CD and casually looked over to the other end of the subway car; you were in the middle doing pull-ups. Like, you were using the bar that people hold so they don't fall down and crush people/get diseases from the fluids on the floor. I kept staring at you like "what the fuck are you doing?" You were all about embracing this snarl expression you had goin on, and I couldn't tell where you were looking. THEN, you stopped doing pull-ups and started stretching. THEN, you whipped out those stretchy rubber work-out things and looped them around the bars to do arm exercises. I was thinking several things that I will now elaborate on: 1) Poor, poor choice of tattoos and placement. 2) No one, not for one second, believed you to be a badass. You were on a train to Brooklyn. This macho display might have been founded were you heading to some dank gym in the city. 3) My body will never look like yours. 4) What kind of women are attracted to someone getting personal with subway bars that millions of grimy hands and body parts touch everyday? 5) What pick-up lines do you use? Or does your body do all the talking? 5) WHY DID YOU DO THE SNARL STARE AT ME WHEN WE GOT OFF THE SUBWAY?


Yea, I saw you watchin me (I think (as per the previous stated uncertainty of where your eyes were focused)). If not, I'm sorry about your eye and the permanent snarl. 


If you see this, I'm not a bench press, so don't get any ideas.

No comments: