Tuesday, December 22, 2009

You Fucked Me Over

You came into the store tonight with your family and asked about gloves. I showed you what we had, and you asked if we had anything for around $10. I said sorry but no. You told your wife (I'm guessing) and your child (also guessing) to go outside and hail a taxi. You turned to me and asked if I could make change for you from a $50. I'm not even supposed to make change for people given that we barely keep enough to use ourselves, but wanting to be helpful, I gave you a 20 and the rest in fives. I had an off feeling about you and grabbed the counterfeit pen to check your bill as you turned to leave. You wished me a happy holiday and left in a merry mood. Right before I marked the $50 bill with the pen, I said out loud to myself, "please let this be real money." As the ink turned the dark brown, I could hear shit hit the fan and wanted to cry. You were just outside, and I considered my chances of victory in tackling you down...I would die. Plus, I didn't want to cut a bitch in front of your daughter. If you see this, you're probably using a federal prison's computer. 

No comments: