Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Guy With White Hair at Laguardia

I had just stepped off my flight from home tonight and reached for my phone to call my parents. I briefly looked up while entering the "H" in my phone for "home" and saw you coming toward me in your teal windbreaker. Cool man. You ran into me, ie. you totally sideswiped me. If we were cars, you would be paying damage repairs from your insurance for 10 years. If we were planes, we would have blown up. If I was Rabbit's rabbit hole and you were Winnie the Pooh, you would be stuck forever. You not only ran into me once, but I continued to be knocked about by your body like I was in some sort of wind tunnel. I looked up, and you glared at me and said, "OH COME ON, get off your phone." I get that you grew up in a time that didn't have phones for you to call your parents when you arrived safely at the farm next door, but mine like to know what's up. If you see this, you're the reason I missed this city. Next time, get the hell out of my way. Thanks for the welcome back.

2 comments:

Ryan the Lion roar... said...

He must have been one of those "transplanted New Yorkers."

b said...

Wow. Double effin wow! How do not just go off on that foo?!!